Doing my fears this month, in case you missed day one.
Day 26 (Last one!): Zombies
Rate on the scary scale from 1-10: 10!
I wonder how many posts will be on zombies today.
Funny thing, I'm terrified... and I mean piss my pants terrified of zombies... but I can't stop watching zombie shows (and loving them).
The scariest zombies (for me) are in 28 Days Later. Any zombie that I have to have super advanced cardio in order to survive? Ya, no thanks!
The Walking Dead freaked me out because of the lack of music in that show. I never knew when to expect a zombie (or walker) or when not to. And when things did happen that made me jump, I would also scream and tear my hubby's shirt. (Yeah, I ripped the buttons off once and bit a hole in the back of it.) But show was addictive and freakin' awesome, so I will endure the zombies for that one.
Zombieland cracked me up, but still scared me.
Same with Shaun of the Dead.
Speaking of... Dawn of the Dead I watched for a whole ten minutes before I shut it off and had nightmares for a month. Whenever the boy would come in the middle of the night I'd freak thinking he was there to eat me.
Resident Evil... ya, I won't even go there. Games and movies alike.
I've told everyone I know whenever the zombie apocalypse comes up in discussion (and in my awesome circle of friends, it comes up quite a bit) I let them know I'm letting myself get bit. Here's my logic.
1. I hate running for my life and living every second waiting to be pounced on.
2. There's the whole thing about if zombies actually have souls and whatnot. If I'm a zombie, guess I'll have that figured out.
3. I'm not a vegetarian, so eating meat no matter what kind won't be totally against my moral code.
4. I'm terrified of guns, so there's no way I'd be able to use one.
5. If I were given a weapon, I'd probably end up hurting myself by falling on it or trying to do some super ninja move.
On a side note, do you think that zombies have any other desires besides hunger? I mean, there's vampire and werewolf love stories. Why not a zombie one? Or is that too close to Necrophilia?