Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Game On!

Okay, I'm a totally bad reviewer, but I love to gush about books I absolutely love. So here I go, gushing about one that I read in two days... which would have been one day if I didn't have to share the Kindle with the hubs, lol.

I'm sure most of you have heard about GAME ON by Kyra Lennon, since her amazing blog tour has been going on for a week and a half, but in case you haven't, here's the deets.





After swapping her small town life to work for one of the top soccer teams in the U.S, Leah Walker thought she could finally leave the ghosts of her past behind. However, when she meets serial womanizer, Radleigh McCoy, the memories of her old life come swarming back, and she is forced to ask herself whether she has really changed at all.







Normally, I totally hate the cocky dude who totally knows he's got it going on. I was a little worried when I started reading Radleigh, but not for long. It was Leah's fiery attitude that totally had me going, heck yes! Tell him like it is! Don't fall for his BS!

Then I was like... oh come on, just kiss him already. You know you want to.

Haha!

What I loved about GAME ON the most (besides the uber sexy scene which I won't talk about because I don't want to spoil anything) were how real the characters felt. Every single one. And there were a lot of characters. As a writer, I admire anyone who can write so many people and make them each stand out. In fact, my favorite character was probably only in 20 pages or so, and I begged Kyra for a TEAM JESSE badge, lol.

But I had to settle for Team Leah, cuz she kicks butt. :)



So, if you are looking for a fun, easy read, with lots of humor, lots of romance, I'd totally recommend this one.

A BIG THANK YOU goes to Kyra for giving me the chance to read her awesomeness and be a part of her blog tour. I've reread chapter 11 an embarrassingly amount of times. Thanks for that. ;)

And the spell of the day is dedicated to you, my dear. 

Baubillious

20 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

Cassie, you are the BEST! <3

I am giggling over the idea that you've read Chapter 11 a lot of times - it's one of my favourites, too and I was ecstatic when I nailed that scene you referred to! ;)

Thanks very much for having me! :D

Jackie said...

Great review! I'm excited to read Game On, but until then, it's #teamradleigh for me. :D

Clare said...

Cassie, we should create our own Team Jesse. He's adorable isn't he? I love him!

Great Review! :D

Matthew MacNish said...

It's certainly a hot cover.

Nick Wilford said...

Kyra certainly has a lot of fans! It's great how real her characters feel, even if they don't have a lot of page time. That's a skill.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think you did a great job with the review!

Mama J said...

Loved your review. I wonder how many people will go straight to chapter 11...

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Read it, loved it...now I will have to send a copy to Kyra to sign. Wonder how much international shipping will set me back?

Hope Roberson said...

Go Kyra!

J. A. Bennett said...

Team Jesse eh? You've got me intrigued :)

Scribbles From Jenn said...

"Wonderful review," she says as she skips ahead to chapter 11. *smile*

Kyra Lennon said...

@Jackie – Hee hee I hope you love him as much when you’ve finished the book! ;)
@Clare – Looks like you’ve got a fight on your hands for Jesse, now! There really should be a Team Jesse badge, though …
@Matthew MacNish – Lol, thanks!
@Nick Wilford – Thanks, buddy! I’m glad they felt real, I do try hard to make that happen. :D
@Alex J. Cavanaugh – I agree!
@Mama J – Lol, I hope everyone reads the whole book – but there is something special about Chapter 11! :D
@Elizabeth Seckman – Oh my goodness, international shipping is SO expensive! I’ve sent a few packages stateside recently, and it’s not cheap! However, a signed copy can certainly be arranged, especially for my CP! <3
@Hope Roberson – Hee hee, still going strong! :D
@J.A Bennett – Jesse is awesome! ;)
@Scribbles From Jenn – LOL! Don’t forget to read the rest! ;)

Rena said...

That's a great review. Thanks for giving us the writer's opinion Cassie (and of course, thanks to Kyra for Writing the Book!)

Christine Rains said...

Excellent review! Kyra writes amazing characters.

Caryn Caldwell said...

That does sound good! Thanks for sharing. And you're right - I've suddenly been seeing mention of this book everywhere!

Samantha said...

Cassie you are too funny! This blog tour has made me so excited about reading Game On!!

Cortney Pearson said...

Great review, sounds like an awesome book, Kyra!! :D

Kyra Lennon said...

@Rena – LOL, you’re welcome!
@Christine Rains – Thanks! Coming from you, this means a lot! :D
@Caryn Caldwell – Hee hee, I have been taking over the blogosphere the last two weeks, but it will be over very soon! :D
@Samantha – YAY, I’m glad you’re excited about it!
@Cortney Pearson – Thanks so much!

Nancy Thompson said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I love a breezy read. And chapter 11 is that hot, huh? Definitely gonna have to check THAT out. *grins*

M Pax said...

Congrats to Kyra. Sounds like a great read.

 

Twitterpation

Subscribe by Email



DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR