Friday, November 30, 2012

The Truths About Dating and Mating Blog Tour!

I'm so excited to be a part of Jaycee's tour today! A big congrats on her book release :)

I have a great deleted scene from the book today. Take it away Jaycee!



My book was originally going to be from dual point of views, and here is a scene that was written from Ian’s perspective.   


            A good twenty-or-so minutes later, I stepped out of the shower, wrapped my towel around my hips and stopped in front of the mirror.  I swiped the steam away with my forearm, and decided to give it a try.
            “Ivy, I’m sorry,” I said, keeping my voice pitched low so my suitemates wouldn’t overhear. I held the serious face for about the span of a second before rolling my eyes and puffing a breath out.  This was so stupid.  But what else was I going to do? I’d already tried going in without a plan, and look how well that turned out – her anger and frustration had made me panic and lose my nerve. 
            No, I had only one more chance to do this right, and I’d never get it right if I didn’t practice.  I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply, then returned my attention to the mirror.  “Forgive me for being such a jerk the other day and…and…”  
And what?  I scowled and shook my head. It had sounded better, but the look on my face had been hard and resentful. Yeah, that’ll really soften her up.  She’s likely to slap me!
            I rolled my shoulders and tried again.  “Ivy, I’m sorry.  I was stupid and I want you to know I lo...whoa!” A shudder went through me and I jumped back.  “Whoa,” I said again, staring wide-eyed at my reflection. Love?  Had I really been about to say ‘love’? 
            Better yet…did I love her?  Was that what this was all about?
Bracing my hands on the counter, I stared down at the sink and gave the question serious consideration. I cared about her, of course, and loved spending time with her…and the thought of anyone else touching her set my stomach on fire and made me want to kick the crap out of something.  That was jealousy, though, and not necessarily love.
But what about the night we spent together? It had been so different and kind of amazing. The connection I felt with her hadn’t been like anything I’d ever experienced before. It had been strong and a little terrifying, and, even now, I wanted to experience that feeling again. Which wouldn’t happen if I didn’t make things right. 
I thought about what it would feel like to live life without her, missing her jokes and the rich sound of her laughter, and not being able to provoke her and have her slap me around…and what it would be like to have her hate truly hate me…and not have her there, forcing me to keep going when I wanted to give up. 
I flinched and shook my head, unable to even consider it.   
That alone made me realize that it was love I felt.  I loved her.  More than I’d loved anything else in his life, and that completely changed the game.  This was beyond my level of experience.  I was going to need outside help to figure out the right words to say, and the only person I could think of who’d be able to help me get the words right was – irony of all ironies – Casey. 
Talk about the word spinning on its axis.

 All the awesome deets about this book are below! Spell dedicated to Jaycee today :)

Sonorus!


The Truths about Dating and Mating
Author:  Jaycee DeLorenzo
Release Date:  November 21, 2012
Spunky Italian coed Ivy Rossini likes to talk and push the boundaries. She gets to do both as she co-hosts Riordan College’s radio program, The Truths about Dating and Mating, alongside her lifelong best friend, Ian Hollister.

Being the only girl who cares to see beyond Ian’s bad boy reputation has its advantages, especially when he’s scaring off the jerks who just want to nail the campus sex-guru. It’s when he’s “protecting” her from the advances she welcomes that she wants to lob him over the head and tell him to butt out. But Ivy’s feels like she’s the one who’s taken a hit when Ian almost kisses her at a party. She knows she should feel relieved when he pulls away, so why is she disappointed instead?

What’s worse, Ivy’s now getting aroused by Ian’s slightest touch and can’t stop entertaining thoughts of a romantic future. But Ian doesn’t do relationships, and she’s not interested in anything casual. In the end, Ivy decides it’s best to keep her growing feelings a secret and hope they’ll pass. However, when Ian begins hinting at wanting to take things to the next level, she’s forced to decide if a chance at something more is worth risking everything they’ve built.

With their friendship and her heart hanging in the balance, can Ivy follow the advice she and Ian give their listeners - to communicate, be honest, and trust in themselves - or will insecurity, stubbornness, and pride ruin any chance of their relationship getting off the ground?

About The Author:
Jaycee DeLorenzo hails from Tucson, Arizona, on the outskirts of the Saguaro National Park – which she believes to be the most beautiful spread of desert in the world.  By day, Jaycee is an English language teacher to elementary students. By night, she’s a wife, mother, writer, cover artist, website designer, and blogger.  In her spare time, she enjoys reading, cooking, singing (very poorly), catching up on her favorite T.V. shows, and researching.
The Truths about Dating and Mating is Jaycee's debut novel, and the first in a series centering around students of the fictitious Riordan College.
Find me on the web:
Website  |  Blog  |  Twitter  |  Facebook  | Goodreads
Purchase Links:
Along with my tour, I’m doing a giveaway!



 



a Rafflecopter giveaway

17 comments:

Kyra Lennon said...

I freaking love this book!

Tamara said...

This book sound so good. It's definitely on my TBR list!! :)Thanks for the deleted scene. Too cute!!

Suzi said...

I love those a-ha moments!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Any plans to use those scenes you cut elsewhere?

J. A. Bennett said...

Sounds really good! Thanks for the giveaway as well. Both of you ladies are awesome :)

jaybird said...

Oh, I like Ian's point of view. Lends great insight to a significant scene here.

Samantha May said...

I love the deleted scene! Of course, I'm a sucker for anything from a guy's POV :)

Lara Schiffbauer said...

Excellent scene, Jaycee! I'd love to read more of those deleted scenes. :)

Nicole said...

Isn't it fun how even our deleted scenes help drive the characters throughout the rest of the story?

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Hey, Cassie Mae! Thanks so much for hosting today!

Kyra – that made me laugh. I’m so glad to hear it.

Tamara – Thanks! I hope you enjoy it. :D

Suzi – me, too! Thanks for stopping by!

Alex – not this one, but I do have some that will be used in the next book.

J. A. Bennett – thanks and you’re welcome!

jaybird – Hey, thanks! ;) Yes, and I don’t know if that’s a good thing or bad, considering what happens afterward.

Samantha May – Thank you! I always think it’s fun to see at least a piece of the other person’s POV, and if it’s a guys – all the better. :D

Lara Schiffbauer – Thanks! I have probably 10 more scenes drafted from Ian’s POV. Maybe I’ll start releasing them slowly.

Nicole – It is indeed! Thanks for stopping by!

Carrie Butler said...

Oo, I love writing male POV. It's such a fun challenge, isn't it? :)

Jenny S. Morris said...

Ian sounds dreamy!! Sounds like a great book.

Donna K. Weaver said...

I love deleted scenes.

Elizabeth Seckman said...

The only thing you left out of the scene was him flexing. My guys can"t pass a mirror without making a muscle.

Jackie said...

I'm with Donna. I love deleted scenes, too!

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Carrie - yes, it really is! It's a nice change up.

Jenny - Thanks! He's a fun character. Part of me wishes I did more from his POV.

Donna - I love seeing them, too, both for books and movies. :D

Elizabeth - Lol, I actually thought about doing that. It really is the truth.

Jackie - They are lots of fun, aren't they?

Lisa Regan said...

Very awesome! Congrats to Jaycee, wishing her big sales!

 

Twitterpation

Subscribe by Email



DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR