Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Book Birthday!!

Hi! Just popping in to say KING SIZED BEDS AND HAPPY TRAILS is LIVE! Yay! *throws confetti!*


Book One in the Beds Series

Written by authors Cassie Mae and Theresa Paolo under the pen names Becca Ann and Tessa Marie

Lexie Boggs needs out of her house… away from her alcoholic mother and far away from the “white trash” label that’s been smacked across her chest. She’s saved every penny from her multiple jobs so she can dart out of there as soon as she graduates. But there's something else she wants so badly she's willing to spend every dime she has. Her senior class trip and the chance to seduce the senior hottie, Sean Dixon.

Ryan Parker knows how much college means to his best friend, Lexie. He also knows Sean is a player on a search for how many girls he can get in his bed. So instead of letting Lexie drain out her piggy bank, he forks out the dough to get her on the senior ski trip. Not only because she’s his best friend, but because he’s face-planted in love with her.

When Ryan and Lexie get jammed in the same cabin, with one king-sized bed and a whole lot of history, Ryan fights to keep his feelings hidden, while Lexie discovers some of hers


You can buy it HERE

or HERE

and get it in paperback HERE

And if you want to party hard with me and Tessa on Facebook for a chance to win lots of prizes, you can join HERE.

Spell for the day:

Lumos! 

(And now a lovely review from the beautiful Lisa Jayne :) Thank you, girl!)


King Sized Beds and Happy Trails (Beds, #1)King Sized Beds and Happy Trails by Cassie Mae
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 EASY TO LOVE KING SIZED STARS.

**Release day today ... **

description

Cassie Mae strikes again, her books are like chocolate for my romance loving soul. Cheeky, cute and adorable I can never resist this authors writing charms. Utterly dreamy book thoughts to follow ...

What's it all about?
Lexie Boggs does not have the easiest home life. Her mums alcohol addiction has meant that her life has already been labeled with the unwanted 'white trash' seal of disapproval. There are only a few things that are keeping this high school student happy; her best friend Ryan Parker, the huge crush she has on the high school heart throb, Sean Dixon and the up and coming senior class trip to hit the slopes. Ryan Parker would do anything for his best friend, Lexie so when it comes to making sure she is happy he will go to any lengths to bring that smile on her face, but Ryan is harbouring a love for his long term friend that he's finding hard to hide. When the pair end up sharing a cosy cabin together it takes everything in Ryan to not reveal how devastatingly in love he is with his best friend, but with things looking up for Lexie and her crush on Sean Dixon what will become of a friendship that is begging to be more?

description

What did I love?
This story had the Lisa official seal of young adult perfection stamped all over it, I can't explain how much this author suits my reading tastes and I would happily say she is one of my favourite authors. Although I loved this story in all it's delightfully appealing drama, quite honestly if you don't like sweeter than sweet, overly cute, first love high school type stories then Cassie Mae's silly, charming novel won't be what you want. Happily for me I love all that toe curling, heart thumping loved up drama and 'King sized beds and happy trails' was just what I needed to make me smile and fall in book love. I read this book in one siting, granted this novel is a short one but I could not put this down from beginning to end, I was in pure escape heaven and there is not a single thing about this story that I didn't find addictive. The characters were dreamy, funny and easy to like. In this book we get the benefit of a dual point of view, which for me gave a more dreamy feel to the reading experience. Lexie and Ryan are ├╝ber adorable Ryan is a dreamy friend to Lexie there was nothing than this handsome senior wouldn't do for his slightly damaged but gorgeous friend. The dialogue between them was heartfelt, giggle worthy and relatable. Their respective inner dialogues were true to character and consistent throughout and made these characters even more loveable. The book did have a little drama but nothing that took away from the heartfelt message of true love. These characters have a bit of everything to offer, a little sad accompanied with a lot of lighthearted banter and cuter than cute loved up tension. This story holds the predictable factor, but I think if done well it can be a comfort bonus for any book, a tried and tested plot that works well can turn out as a real winner if written well, so it goes without saying that King sized beds and happy trails really worked for me in all it's cutesy, romantic wonder. All in all I couldn't help but fall for this story, I'm hoping that this author continues to write these charming stories because I'll be happily spending my time with anything that Cassie Mae delivers.

description

Final thoughts ...
Cassie Mae writes books that are easy to fall in love with. Young adult seems to be her speciality genre but they have a way of making me feel a huge case of the warm and fuzzies with her 'suitable for younger readers' style, loved up teens. Anything she writes I would read and I'm looking forward to reading more about Lexie and Ryan in future books of the series. If you can't resist a well written, easy to read, YA story and you want an adorable reading escape then go grab it readers and whilst you are at it check out other books by this author ... Enjoy readers, kisses.

description

*ARC generously provided by the author, the LOVELY Cassie Mae in exchange for an overly excited but honest review.*

View all my reviews

9 comments:

ilima said...

Yay. Big congrats! *throws confetti*

Elizabeth Seckman said...

Happy Book Birthday! And happy birthday to Lexi!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Congratulations, ladies!! That is awesome.

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you Cassie. Tessa too, hi there. This post was filled with so much eye grabbing images and lovely words about this book. Glad I stopped by.

Robin said...

Congrats! I'm excited to dive into another fun read. Happy Book Day!

Angie Sandro said...

Congrats! I can't wait to read this. Luckily I'm off tomorrow, so I don't feel too guilty about my plan to spend a rainy day curled up with your book.

LisaAnn said...

Love the pics, love the review, just love, love, love this!!

Krista McLaughlin said...

Congratulations - I bought my copy and I can't wait to read it!

Ella said...

Congrats you two!! I can't wait to read some chocolate ;D

 

Search Away

Facebook

Twitterpation

Subscribe by Email



DESIGN BY: THE BLOG DECORATOR